One of my favourite bakes at the moment! I’m not usually a fan of dried fruit but soaking the sultanas leaves them plump, juicy and so delicious in this lightly spiced loaf cake.
It is just perfect with a cup of tea, and is fast become a regular bake for us as it is pretty darn healthy too (which is always a bonus given the amount of cake breastfeeding hunger is making me eat 😂👍🏻).
It is perfect for allergy sufferers too, being made with wholewheat flour (sorry gluten free folks) and no dairy, eggs, refined sugar, oil, soy or nuts👍🏻
250ml (1 cup) strong hot tea (I use rooibos)
225g (1½ cups) sultanas
60g (1/4 cup) coconut sugar
225g (1⅔ cups) wholemeal flou
r2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp ground mixed spice
3 tbsp water
1) Soak sultanas in tea for at least half an hour.
2) Preheat oven to 160*C.
3) Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and mixed spice to the bowl.
4) Add the sultana / tea mix to the bowl, along with the water.
5) Mix everything thoroughly.
6) Pour the cake batter into a loaf tin, and smooth the top.
Instagram filter used: Normal