A gorgeous layered breakfast bowl of creamy coconut yoghurt, smooth stewed rhubarb, tangy raspberries and crunchy almond maple granola.
I am not really a breakfast person – I can just about stomach a morning smoothie, or some vegan pancakes for a weekend brunch at a push, but it’s never a meal I really look forward to. My one exception to this though is yoghurt and granola, and this combination was just gorgeous.
I used the leftover stewed rhubarb from my naturally sweetened rhubarb cordial recipe, but to make stewed rhubarb from scratch just chop a couple of stalks of rhubarb into 1 inch pieces, and cook in the juice of an orange, sweetening to taste with maple syrup / agave nectar or any other sugar of your choice.
I used this super easy vegan homemade granola recipe as the topping here, but store bought or any other granola would be fine too!
Apologies for my quietness over the last few days, we’ve been away for the weekend in our caravan. I feel like I’ve eaten like a total pig (there are too many chip shops at the seaside!!) and I really don’t feel my best for it, so I’m looking forward to hopping back on the healthy bandwagon and sharing some more healthy recipes with you in the next week. L x
Vegan Rhubarb / Berry and Yoghurt Granola Bowl
- Several tablespoons yoghurt (I use Co Yo coconut yoghurt, but soya / other yoghurts are fine too)
- 1-2 tablespoons stewed rhubarb
- A handful of berries (I used raspberries but would have used strawberries too if I’d had any in!)
- A handful of granola (I used my almond maple granola, link in post above)
- Put a good serving of yoghurt in the bottom of a bowl.
- Top with a few tablespoons of stewed rhubarb, a handful of berries and a good sprinkling of granola.
- Enjoy! L x