Absolutely delicious vegan chocolate orange cookies, you will have to try really hard not to eat the whole batch of these in one go!
These are my favourite adaptation of our best vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe. In our pre-vegan days I used to love Terry’s chocolate oranges, and these completely satisfy that craving for me. I am not usually a fan of dark chocolate but matched with the sweetness of the cookies it works perfectly in this recipe for a gorgeous chocolate orange flavour.
We are off to Center Parcs for a few days today with friends, so I have just made a big batch of these to take with us. Our friends are meat eaters but wanted to have a go at eating vegan with us for a week, so I’m hoping these cookies and the meals I’ve planned for the week will impress and show them how yummy vegan food can be!
Vegan Chocolate Orange Cookies
- 150g vegan margarine
- 80g light brown muscavado sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Egg replacer for one egg
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 130g chocolate chips
- Zest of an orange
- Good few squeezes of orange juicer
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180*C and get out a couple of non stick baking trays.
- Beat margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy, add vanilla and egg replacer and mix.
- Sieve flour, bicarb and salt into bowl and mix. Add flaxseed if using.
- Add orange zest, a few good squeezes of orange juice, chocolate chips and stir well.
- Using a teaspoon place small amounts well apart on baking tray.
- Bake for 8 mins until light brown on edges. Leave on tray for a couple of minutes to firm up before transferring to cooling rack.