Perfectly chewy vegan chocolate chip cookies – you would never know these bad boys are vegan! These really remind me of the Millies Cookies we used to love in our pre-vegan days, the perfect combination of crunchy outsides and a really soft chewy middle.
We first had these at a friends house, we couldn’t believe such delicious authentic tasting cookies were vegan, and after clearing out the entire plate she put out as soon as I got home I emailed her to ask for the recipe! We made so many batches of these over christmas, and even non-vegan family members went crazy for them.
We often also add the zest and a squeeze of juice from an orange to make vegan chocolate orange cookies. They are amazing!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 150g vegan margarine
- 80g light brown muscavado sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Egg replacer for one egg
- 225g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp bicarb of soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 200g chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp flaxseed (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180*C and get out a couple of non stick baking trays.
- Beat margarine and sugar in a mixing bowl until creamy, add vanilla and egg replacer and mix.
- Sieve flour, bicarb and salt into bowl and mix. Add flaxseed if using.
- Add chocolate chips and stir well.
- Using a teaspoon place small amounts well apart on baking tray.
- Bake for 8 mins until light brown on edges. Leave on tray for a couple of minutes to firm up before transferring to cooling rack.