It is definitely reached that time of year for oatmeal / porridge for brekkie! This lovely warming bowl of oats has all the flavours of carrot cake, for a healthy breakfast that feels really indulgent.
I have been stingy on the amounts of spice in the recipe below as the strength of different brands and peoples tastes can vary so much, so add more to taste as you go along if it needs more!
Vegan Carrot Cake Oatmeal
- 1 cup of oats
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 1 large carrot (finely grated)
- Half to 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Quarter teaspoon of ginger / mixed spice or mix of both
- Few drops of vanilla extract
- 1-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Walnuts / raisins (for serving)
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan and cook for 8-10 minutes (until soft).
- Add more maple syrup / spice to taste and served sprinkled with walnuts and / or raisins.