Gorgeously moist and more-ish vegan banana cake recipe, made extra delicious with chocolate chips.
I took a loaf of this away with us last time we went away in our caravan – hence the caravan themed cup and plate in the photo!
It is lovely and dense, and perfect served slightly warm.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
- 4 medium sized ripe to over ripe bananas
- 1.5 cups wholewheat flour (approx. 180g)
- ½ cup coconut / sunflower / vegetable oil (approx. 125ml)
- ½ cup unrefined cane sugar or regular granulated sugar (approx 100g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1 and a half teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- A generous handful of vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius and lightly grease a loaf tin.
- Mash the bananas well or puree them, and add the sugar to the mashed bananas. Then add the oil, vanilla and ground cinnamon.
- Sieve the flour with the bicarb, baking powder and salt directly in the bowl containing the banana mix. Fold the sieved flour into the banana mix really well so the mixture is well combined.
- Lastly add the fold in the chocolate chips. pour the bread mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the bread comes out clean.