A layered vegan bowl of brown rice, raw vegetables and asian baked tofu drizzled with thai peanut curry sauce.
I use Pinterest for a lot of our meal inspiration, and I have seen loads of delicious looking Mexican burrito bowls on there lately. After having these delicious vegetable summer rolls for lunch the other day though, I have really been craving Asian food so I decided to knock up a thai version of a burrito bowl.
I used brown rice as a base, and topped it with my easy baked Asian tofu, leaves, cucumber, carrot, peppers and sweetcorn. I then drenched it with a simple peanut curry sauce, before topping it with coriander, spring onions and crushed peanuts .
It was really delicious and I just I love this way of eating – a base of rice topped with different protein / veggies and sauces. Healthy, so versatile and easy for weeknight meals!
Recipe makes enough sauce for approx. 4 generous servings.
Thai Vegetable And Tofu Rice Bowl
- 2 servings of cooked brown rice (per person)
- A handful of Asian baked tofu (recipe linked above)
- Mixed raw vegetables (I used thinly sliced red peppers, diced cucumber, julienned carrot, mixed leaves and pea shoots, and sweetcorn)
- Fresh coriander, crushed roasted salted peanuts, and chopped spring onions (for topping)
For the curry sauce:
- One 400g can coconut milk
- 1-2 tablespoons Red Thai or Massaman curry paste (make sure to find a vegan paste as a lot contain shrimp, I used the in a sachet.)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce Bragg’s liquid aminos (or soy sauce)
To make the curry sauce:
- Place the curry paste and two tablespoons of the coconut milk into a saucepan over a medium heat and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and peanut butter and cook, stirring, until a smooth sauce forms.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients and let simmer for approx 10 minutes.
- Add a good serving of brown rice to the bottom of each bowl.
- Top with a mixture of the raw vegetables, and a handful of baked tofu.
- Drizzle / drown in curry sauce and top with a good sprinkling of fresh coriander, crushed peanuts and spring onions.
- Dig in!