Courgette / zucchini noodles, steamed broccoli and peas dressed with pesto make up this full of goodness super green vegetable bowl.
This is great as a light evening meal or as a side dish. My husband made this on an evening I had gone to the gym. I got back fairly late and was absolutely starving, and I wasn’t optimistic this bowl of veggies was going to satisfy my intense hunger! I was pleasantly surprised though and I enjoyed this meal so much, zucchini noodles are such an amazing alternative to pasta, being somehow satisfyingly filling yet light.
I’ve been using this method of making zucchini noodles without a spiraliser (using a vegetable peeler instead) but we make them so often now I think we might have to invest in a full size spiraliser like this one soon.
I used a store bought jar of vegan pesto here – I like Sacla brand (*fights urge not to sing the song*) but homemade would be great too! L x
Super Green Vegetable Bowl With Pesto
- 2 Courgettes (spiralised)
- 1 head of broccoli (cut into florets)
- A handful of peas
- 2-4 teaspoons vegan pesto
- Steam the broccoli for 5 minutes (I use a steamer pan on the hob but electric or microwave are fine too).
- Add the courgette and peas and steam for another 3 minutes. Taste your veggies to see if they are cooked to your liking and steam a little longer if necessary.
- Mix in a couple of teaspoons of pesto, stir it all together and add salt and pepper to taste.