A lovely and refreshing rhubarb, berry and orange smoothie, great to wake you up in the morning or to sip whilst relaxing on a sunny afternoon (some more of those please – getting a bit sick of this rain now!).
This was sweet enough for me, with the orange and strawberries taking the tart edge off the rhubarb, but if you want to further sweeten you can add a touch of liquid sweetener like maple syrup or agave nectar too (or add a few dates if you have a high speed blender).
Enjoy! L x
Rhubarb, Berry and Orange Smoothie
- 2 stalks rhubarb (ends removed)
- 1 cup of chopped strawberries (about 8 – or use frozen mixed berries)
- 1 whole orange (peeled)
- A handful of ice cubes
- 1/2 – 1 1/2 cups water or orange juice
- Add all the ingredients to a high speed blender and blend until smooth, adding extra water / juice above the initial 1/2 cup as needed to thin to desired consistency.
- Pour into glasses and serve.