Wagamama’s Yasai Cha Han Don Buri Recipe
- 250g brown rice
- 200g block of firm tofu
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup mange tout or runner beans (cut into bite size pieces)
- Half a cup of sweetcorn
- 3 spring onions (whites finely chopped and green tops chopped and reserved for sprinkling at the end)
- Olive oil
- Garlic powder and salt
For the sauce:
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- half a teaspoon garlic powder
- half a teaspoon salt
- a quarter teaspoon pepper
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions, adding the runner beans (if using) for the last 8 minutes.
- While the rice cooker, add a glug of olive oil to a wok over a medium heat, add the tofu cubes, season lightly with garlic powder and salt, and cook until golden brown on all sides. Place in a bowl and set to one side.
- Add a little more olive oil and fry the mushrooms and spring onion whites for about 4 minutes. Add the sweetcorn and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix all sauce ingredients together in a glass or cup.
- Drain rice, and add to wok with mushrooms. Add in the tofu.
- Cook for a few minutes until all ingredients are piping hot, then pour over the sauce.
- Mix well, and serve in bowls topped with the reserved green onion tops.