Vietnamese Summer Rolls With Perfect Peanut Sauce
For the wraps:
- Spring roll rice wrappers
- Carrots, thinly sliced
- Spring onions, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- Red pepper, thinly sliced
- Radish, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves (I used a salad bag of pea shoots and mixed baby leaves)
- Thai Basil
For the peanut sauce:
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon agave (or maple) syrup
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- The juice of a lime
- Pour some hot water into a bowl, and submerge each rice wrap individually in the water for a few seconds until softened.
- Remove to a plate, and top with a small amount of each vegetable and herb listed.
- Fold one edge over the filling, fold both sides in and tuck and roll to form a spring roll shape. (I have linked further up this post to a great tutorial on this!)
- Leave on a plate while you make the other rolls.
To make the sauce:
- Mix all sauce ingredients together well, add more water if needed to thin to desired consistency and serve.