Vegan Pesto ‘Cheese’ Straws
- 1 sheet puff pastry (I use Jus-Rol)
- A few tablespoons vegan pesto
- A sprinkle of nutritional yeast / finely grated vegan cheese
- Soy / almond milk
- Preheat the oven to 180*C.
- Lay out the sheet of puff pastry, and spread a thin layer of vegan pesto over half of it.
- Sprinkle a bit of nutritional yeast or vegan cheese over the pesto.
- Fold the other half of the pastry over to encase the pesto, and cut into strips.
- Leave straight or twist them into swirls, and place on a baking tray.
- Brush with a little soy or almond milk to glaze.
- Bake for approx 8-12 minutes, or until golden. Enjoy!