Vegan Mint Chocolate Cheesecake
For the base:
- 10 medjool dates
- 1 and 3/4 cups mixed raw nuts of your choice (I used a mix of pecans, almonds and cashews)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
For the filling:
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked for at least 5 hours)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup coconut cream (scooped from the top of a refrigerated can of coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Approx 10 leaves fresh mint
- 1 handful spinach
- 1-2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract (add 1 tsp, taste after blending and add more if needed, to taste)
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder
- A handful of cacao nibs / vegan mini chocolate chips
- Line 9 inch springform baking pan with baking paper.
- Add the nuts, salt and caco powder for the base into a food processor and process until they are finely chopped.
- Add in the dates, and pulse until they form a sticky mass. Don’t worry if there are still bits of nuts in there, you want that for texture.
- Press the mix into the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
- Add all the filling ingredients except the cacao powder and nibs / chocolate chips to a blender.
- Blend really well until super smooth.
- Pour the filling over the base, reserving approximately one cupful in the blender (this will make the pretty chocolate swirl on top!)
- Add the teaspoon of cacao powder to the filling left in the blender and whizz to combine.
- Pour the chocolate filling on top of the mint filling, and use the end of a fork or spoon to swirl it around.
- Pop in the freezer overnight, or until fully solid.
- Remove from the freezer 20 minutes prior to eating, and serve sprinkled with chocolate chips or caco nibs.
- Enjoy! L x