Vegan Gingerbread Biscuits
- 2 and 1/4 cups plain flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 of a cup light brown soft sugar
- Half a teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 3/4 of a cup vegan margarine (melted)
- 1/4 of a cup golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 180*C (Fan 170*C). Lightly flour a couple of baking trays.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix together to form a dough.
- Liberally flour a work surface and rolling pin and roll our the dough (you might need to add an extra dusting of flour every now and again if the dough is a little wet and sticky)
- Cut out desired shapes and place on baking tray.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes until starting to go golden and darkening at the edges. They might seem quite soft when they come out of the oven but they firm up on cooling, so leave them for 5 minutes on the baking tray before removing to a cooling rack or plate.
- When cooled, ice with icing, melted chocolate or just dust with a little icing sugar!