Vegan Cauliflower Marranca Recipe
- 250g brown rice
- Glug of olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- About 6-8 mushrooms, sliced
- 3/4 of a teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- 2 scant teaspoons dried Italian herbs (or 1 tsp each of basil and oregano)
- 1 large cauliflower split into florets (or half broccoli, half cauliflower)
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (or a 1-1.5 cups of vegan cheese)
- 1 cup of vegetable stock
- Cook the brown rice according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Add a glug of olive to a large frying pan over a medium heat and add the onions and garlic. Fry for 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add the mushrooms and cauliflower (and broccoli if using). Season with the herbs and salt and pepper.
- Cook for around 7/8 minutes, stirring regularly, until the mushrooms are cooked through and the cauliflower and broccoli are no longer hard.
- Mix the vegetables into the rice, squeeze over the lemon juice and add the vegetable stock. Stir well, mixing in the nutritional yeast and most of the cheese if using (you can save a bit of cheese to sprinkle on top too).
- Tip the whole lot into a suitably sized casserole dish, and cook for around 40 mins at 175*C, until lovely and golden on top.
- Enjoy with a lovely fresh salad.