Thai Curry Noodle Soup Bowl
- Splash of oil
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1-2 tablespoons thai curry paste
- 2 tablespoons, plus a splash extra coconut milk (canned)
- 200g brown rice udon noodles
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 courgette, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- Toppings – green onions, fresh coriander, crushed peanuts, chilli flakes
- Put a wok over a medium heat and add a splash of oil. Cook the red peppers for about 3 minutes, then add the garlic and spring onion and cook for a further minute.
- Add the thai curry paste, and 2 tablespoons coconut milk and cook for about 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the veg, stock, soy sauce and noodles and cook until the noodles are just cooked through (about 9 minutes but will vary depending which noodles you use so look on the packet!).
- Add the julienned courgette and carrot and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve noodles with a good ladleful of broth, and any toppings as desired.