Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Curry
- • 2 tbsp olive oi
- l• 2 red onions, sliced
- • 3 tbsp curry paste (I just used a mild curry paste I had in, but many recommend rogan josh paste for this type of curry)
- • A bunch of coriander, stalks chopped, leaves picked
- • 3 sweet potatoes, cut into in approx 2cm chunks
- • 1 x 400g tin chickpeas, drained
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 400ml water (fill the tomato can with water and chuck that in to save washing up!)
- 1 teaspoon veg stock powder or a crumbled veg stock cube
- • 400ml tin light coconut milk
- • 200-300g spinach, washed (or just add a few big handfuls)
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and add the onions and curry paste. Cook for around 10 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Add the coriander stalks, cubes of sweet potato and chickpeas, stir well and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the tin of tomatoes, water and stock powder and bring to the boil. Leave to simmer for 25-30 minutes until the sweet potatoes are lovely and soft. You can add more curry paste too at this point if you taste and think it needs it.
- Stir in the can of coconut milk, and fold the spinach in until wilted.
- Serve topped with the fresh coriander leaves, with rice and poppadoms.