Super Healthy Vegan Breakfast Cookies
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup apple puree (I use an Ella’s Kitchen baby puree pouch!)
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/2 cup wholewheat flour
- 1/2 cup almond flour (ground almonds – you can buy them in the baking aisle of a supermarket or make your own by processing almonds in a food processor / blender)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp lightly crushed walnuts
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raisins (or chocolate chips if you prefer)
- Preheat oven to 170*C.
- In a large bowl mash the bananas then add almond butter, apple puree, baking powder, bicarb, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt, vanilla and stir.
- Add oats, almond flour and wholewheat flour and mix well.
- Add raisins, cranberries, walnuts and stir until well combined.
- Drop cookies by the spoonful onto a baking sheet and press down slightly to flatten as they won’t spread much at all.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until the cookies are slightly golden brown.
- Rest on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in an air-tight container to keep fresh for up to 5 days.