Spaghetti With Courgette, Garlic, Lemon and Herbs
- 200g spaghetti
- 1 large courgette, grated or julienned
- The zest of a small lemon
- A good squeeze of the lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Olive oil
- Chopped fresh herbs (I used chives and mint – a few good pinches)
- Salt and pepper
- Add the spaghetti to a large pan of boiling salty water and cook according to packet instructions.
- When the spaghetti only has a couple of minutes left, add a glug of olive oil to a large frying pan.
- Add the crushed garlic and fry for a minute or two until softened and fragrant but not browned.
- Add in the courgette, lemon zest and a few good pinches of chopped herbs and cook for a few minutes until the courgette is nice and soft. You can add a splash of the pasta cooking water if it starts to stick together.
- Drain the spaghetti, and drizzle it with a bit of oil olive while it is still in the colander.
- Add the spaghetti to the courgette pan, add a good squeeze of lemon juice and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add more herbs / lemon juice to taste and serve.