Slow Cooker Ratatouille
- 2 onions (I used one red, one white)
- 2 courgettes
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 red peppers (or 1 red, 1 green)
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 can of tinned tomatoes (2 if you like it extra saucy!)
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree (paste)
- Pinch of several herbs – I used fresh basil and pasley and dried oregano.
- 1 teaspoon sugar (or maple syrup if you are cutting down on refined sugar like us!)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Half a teaspoon black pepper
- Chilli flakes (optional, if you like a bit of spice)
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Roughly chop all the vegetables into chunks and place in the slow cooker.
- Add the other ingredients except the olive oil and give it all a good mix.
- Drizzle over a bit of olive oil and cook on low for 7-9 hours.