Raw Chocolate Orange Brownies
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 2 cups mixed nuts (almonds, cashews, pecans, walnuts, brazils etc)
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon desiccated coconut (optional)
- Zest of one large orange
- Juice of 1 large orange
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- A pinch of salt
- Add the nuts and cacao powder to the processor and process until they resemble crumbs, you can leave them as fine or as chunky as you like.
- Add the dates and coconut (if using) and continue to process until the mixture represents slightly moist crumbs.
- Add all other ingredients to a small saucepan, mix and bring to the boil. Let bubble for a second then remove from the heat.
- Mix the paste into the crumbs and stir well to combine. Press into a lined (with cling film) baking dish and pop in the fridge for a few hours to set.