Quinoa Porridge Recipe
- 1 cup dried quinoa (plus 2 cups water for cooking)
- 1 cup almond or coconut milk
- 1 cup of water (for blending)
- 1 sliced banana (or one sliced ripe pear)
- ¼ cup dried coconut flakes
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Toppings: Raisins, berries, apple slices, other fruit and chia seeds / your favorite nuts
- Cook quinoa in the water for 15 to 20 minutes until water is absorbed. Fluff the quinoa with a fork and leave to cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the quinoa and all other ingredients in blender. Blend until smooth.
- Warm through if desired (you can add extra milk if you like to thin as you like), and top with your chosen toppings.