Potato, Leek and Kale Soup Recipe
- 2 carrots
- 2 leeks
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 sticks celery (I don’t buy celery a lot so often miss this out and the soup is still fine)
- 400g (approx 4) potatoes
- 1 good large handful kale
- 1.5 litres of vegetable stock
- Olive oil
- Chop up the carrots, onions, celery, garlic and leeks (remove the ends!) into smallish pieces. (Save the potatoes and kale, we peel and chop those later).
- Put a big pan on the hob and add a good glug of olive oil to the bottom.
- Turn the hob on to a medium heat and add the veggies you have chopped. Give it a stir around occasionally and cook (with the lid askew) for approx 10 mins until the veg has softened a bit. You may need to knock the heat down to low or add half a ladle full of water if your veg is sticking to the pan.
- Chop your potatoes roughly into 1cm pieces and tear up your kale.
- When the 10 mins is up, add the stock, kale and potatoes to the other veg.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 10 mins – taste a piece of potato to check it is cooked and give it a few more minutes if it is still hard.
- Remove the pan from the heat and blend with a stick blender.