Potato, Chard and Lentil Dhal
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp curry paste (as spicy as you like!)
- 1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
- 300g potatoes, sliced into small chunks
- 200g chard (rainbow or swiss chard / spinach / any other green leafy vegetable), stems chopped and leaves sliced
- 200g lentils (I used 100g each of red and green)
- 500g vegetable stock
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Put a large lidded pan over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Add the onion and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the chard stalks, tomato, potatoes and lentils and pour over the stock.
- Stir and bring to the boil.
- Simmer with the pan lid on for approx 40 minutes, until the lentils are cooked through. You can add a bit more water in necessary towards the end of cooking.
- Enjoy with brown rice and chapattis / naan bread.