Perfect Italian Salad Recipe
- Good handful of spinach
- Good handful of mixed leaf lettuce
- 3/4 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2/3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2/3 strawberries, finely chopped
- A few slices red onion, thinly sliced
- A few strips of red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 rounds of cucumber, finely chopped
For the dressing (serves 2
2 tablespoons olive oil1 tablespoon balsamic vinegarQuarter of a teaspoon dried mixed Italian herbsQuarter of teaspoon garlic powderQuarter of a teaspoon salt
- Add the spinach and mixed leaves to the base of plate, and scatter over the chopped basil.
- Sprinkle over the strawberries, onion, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Mix the dressing together in a glass (or shake in an old jam jar) and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve with my pesto baked tofu and herby Italian potatoes, if desired, and enjoy! L x