Party Fruit Salad
- 3oz (85g) sugar
- Half a pint (285ml) hot water
- The juice of lemon
- The juice of a lime
- 2 apple (peeled and chopped into bite size pieces)
- 2 pears (peeled and chopped)
- A good handful or strawberries (stalks cut off, and chopped)
- 1 large slice of melon (skin removed and chopped)
- A handful of red and green grapes (halved)
- 1 small tin of mandarin segments (drained)
- Handful off raspberries
- 2-3 bananas (peeled and sliced) you need enough to go around the edge of your serving bowl (you could also alternative pieces of banana and kiwi)
- Add the sugar to the hot water and stir until dissolved.
- Mix in the lemon and lime juice and leave until almost completely cool.
- Add all the chopped fruit to serving bowl (except soft fruit like raspberries and bananas) and pour over sauce to cover. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add in the raspberries, place sliced banana around the perimeter of the bowl and serve 🙂