Mint Chocolate Energy Balls
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup almonds
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 9 Medjool dates (soaked in warm water for about 10 minutes and drained)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pulse the walnuts and almonds in a food processor until they are finely chopped.
- Add the cocoa powder, maple syrup, dates, salt and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract. Process for 2 minutes or until a thick oily dough is formed.(You may have to scrape down the sides of the food processor a few times). If the dough is too dry, add a drop more maple syrup or a splash of water.
- Taste the dough and add extra cacao powder / peppermint extract to taste. Roll into bowls, place on a plate and pop into the fridge until hardened.