Marinated Portobello Mushroom Burgers
- 4 portobello / large cap mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons balsamic
- 2 large or 3 small cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Optional – A sprinkling of dried italian herbs (or a mix of oregano / rosemary / basil)
- Mix all the ingredients together and spoon / brush onto the mushroom caps. Leave them to marinate in a bowl (or lidded tupperware container – you can just shake the box then every now and again to coat in marinade!) for at least a couple of hours.
- When it comes to cooking, you can grill the mushrooms for about 8-9 minutes each side, or cook them in a griddle / frying pan for about 5-7 minutes each side (no need to add any oil!).
- Slice up your buns, top and serve 🙂