Homemade Red Nose Day Play Dough
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoons cream of tartar
- Up to 1.5 cups boiling water
- Food colouring (I used Dr Oetker Gel in Red)
- Few drops of glycerine (optional- make it slightly shiny)
- Red glitter (optional)
- To pl
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add food colouring to the boiling water then into the dry ingredients bit by bit (you may not need all the water). I used a whole small tube of Dr Oetker red gel food colouring.
- Stir continuously until it becomes a sticky, combined dough and add the glycerine (if using).
- Allow it to cool down then take it out of the bowl, sprinkle with glitter (if using) and knead it for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. If it remains a little sticky after a really good kneading then add a touch more flour until it is just right.
- Let the kids lose with circular cutter, googley eyes and big red sequin noses 🙂