Homemade Nando’s Macho Peas
- Peas (a handful per person, I used frozen petit pois)
- Knob of butter (or vegan spread) or a splash of olive oil
- Pinch of finely chopped red chilli (per person)
- Pinch of finely chopped fresh parsley (per person)
- Pinch of finely chopped mint (per person)
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the peas in salted water for around 4-5 minutes (according to pack instructions if using frozen). Drain.
- Remove a third of the peas to another bowl and mash them with a fork or potato masher.
- Heat a knob of butter or splash of oil in a pan (enough to just coat your peas) and add the chilli, then the parsley and mint.
- Stir in the whole and mashed peas, season well with salt and pepper and mix well. Add more mint or parsley to taste.
- Heat through and serve.