Healthy Salted Caramel Popcorn
For the popcorn:
- Half a cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the salted caramel drizzle:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Half a teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For the popcorn, heat the coconut oil in a lidded pan over a medium heat.
- Add the popcorn kernels once hot (after about 30 seconds).
- Cook, shaking the pan vigorously until the popping slows down (about 2-3 minutes). Remove popcorn to a large bowl.
- For the salted caramel drizzle, boil coconut oil, syrup and salt in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Drizzle over popcorn and toss it all together to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and leave for 30 mins to set up a bit, or just eat straight away (we can never wait!!)