Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cups oats, ground into a flour using food processor / blender
- 1 tablespoon milled flaxseed
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of oats (left whole, not ground this time)
- 1/3 of a cup raisins / sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 180*C. Line one or two cookie trays with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the ground oats, flaxseed, coconut sugar, cinnamon, salt, bicarb and baking powder.
- Add the almond milk, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Gently mix in the whole oats and raisins.
- Place spoonfuls of the batter onto the baking paper. These don’t spread much when cooking so flatten them a little as desired.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes, until the edges have gone golden brown.