Easy Vegan Flatbreads
- 1 cup plain flour and 1 cup wholemeal flour (or all plain / wholemeal / whatever mix you prefer equalling 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Half a teaspoon salt
- Half a cup of water
- Quarter cup of almond or other non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Put all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine to form a dough. You can use a food processor, a hand mixer with dough hooks or just mix with a spoon in a mixing bowl and then knead to form a soft and pliable ball of dough.
- Transfer the ball of dough to a floured surface. Cut or break the ball in half, then shape into a ball and hallve again. Shape each of the four parts into balls and halve again – leaving you with 8 small balls in total.
- Ensure the surface is still well floured, and roll each ball into roughly a 5-6 inch circle.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over a medium / high heat. Place a circle in the pan and cook or a couple of minutes until bubbles start to form.
- Flip and cook for another couple of minutes until browned in parts. Remove to a plate and cover with a kitchen towel to keep warm. Repeat for the other circles.
- Enjoy 🙂