Easy Vegan Flapjacks
- 150g dates
- 100g coconut oil
- 100g vegan butter / spread
- 250ml (1 cup) maple syrup
- 450g oats
- 50g dessicated coconut
- Jam / fruit compote (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180*C and line a casserole dish (approx 30 x 20cm) with baking paper.
- Add the dates, coconut oil, butter and maple syrup to a large saucepan and cook over a low heat for 3-4 minutes, until the dates go gooey.
- Blend with a stick blender to a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the oats and coconut and mix well until all the oats are coated in the syrupy mix.
- Spoon into the prepared casserole dish and press down with the back of a metal spoon. If you want a jammy layer in the middle, spoon half of the oats in first, spread a few tablespoons of jam on top, then add the other half of the oat mix.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, then allow to cool in the tin before cutting and serving.