Easy Sweetcorn Fritters
- 80g plain flour
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 3 quarters of a tablespoon baking powder
- 100ml water
- 1 small can of sweetcorn (200g tin – 170g drained weight)
- 2 spring onions (finely chopped)
- Olive or sunflower oil – save for frying
- Either, add the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl, then add the water and stir to make a batter. Add in the sweetcorn and mix again.
- Or, for fritters without chunks of sweetcorn, add all ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. You can leave slightly chunky, like I did or blend until completely smooth.
- Add a glug of olive oil to a frying pan over a medium heat. Fry spoonfuls of the mixture in batches until golden brown on both sides.