Creamy Vegan Coleslaw Recipe
For the coleslaw:
- Half a red cabbage, finely sliced
- Half a green cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 medium sized carrots, grated
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 eating apple, grated
- Toasted sesame seeds (to serve)
For the dressing:
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in water for a few hours beforehand)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp wholegrain or dijon mustard
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup water
- Few good pinches of chives (fresh or dried)
- Pinch of pepper
- Mix all coleslaw ingredients (except sesame seeds) in a bowl.
- Drain the cashews and add to a blender along with all the other dressing ingredients.
- Pour dressing over coleslaw, mix well and sprinkle over sesame seeds if using.