Cashew Cheese Recipe
- 1 cup of cashew nuts (soaked 6+ hours or overnight for a normal blender / food processor, or at least half an hour in warm water for a high speed blender like a Vitamix)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small clove garlic
- Pinch of herbs (I used a mix of fresh basil, chives and flat leaf parsley)
- 2 heaped tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Few tablespoons water
- Add all items except water to blender.
- Blend, scraping sides down often (I used my Vitamix stick poker thing, but you can just use a silicone spatula with a normal blender.)
- Add a few tablespoons of water at a time and blend more, it might only really get going once the water is added so don’t worry if it isn’t smooth before this point.
- When it has reached the thickness you desire, scrape out of the blender with a silicone spatula and store in the fridge (if you don’t want to eat it right away!).