Butternut Squash Soup
- Half a butternut squash (or a small bag of the pre-chopped stuff, about 350g)
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 sticks of celery
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large or 2 small-medium sweet potatoes
- 1 litre of vegetable stock ( I made mine with 2 Kallo organic stock cubes)
- Preheat oven to 200*C. Prepare the butternut squash by chopping in half, deseeding, peeling and chopping off the top and bottom.
- Chop the squash into chunks, pop into a tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for around 45 minutes.
- Peel and chop the carrots, celery, onion and garlic.
- Add the carrots, celery, onion and garlic to a big pan with a good glug of olive oil and cook over a low heat for 5 minutes or so until the veg has softened.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato/es into rough chunks and add to the pan, along with 1 litre of vegetable stock and the roasted butternut squash..
- Cook over a medium heat for around 15 minutes – or until the sweet potato is nice and soft.
- Blend and season to taste. If it is too thick at this point you can add some water or more stock to thin it out a bit.