Best Ever Homemade Houmous
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained)
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Half a large garlic clove, crushed (or a whole clove if you like it real garlicky!)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus extra for serving)
- 1/2 – 3/4 of a teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Paprika (for serving)
- Add tahini and lemon juice to a food processor. Process for 1 minute, scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, then process for another 30 seconds.
- Add the olive oil, crushed garlic and salt to the whipped tahini. Process for 30 seconds, scrape down the sides, then process for another 30 seconds.
- Drain the chickpeas, rinse under cold water and add half of them to the food processor. Process for 1 minute.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, add the rest of the chickpeas and process for 1-2 minutes until thick and fairly smooth.
- With the processor turned on, add the water a tablespoon at a time until the houmous thins slightly to the perfect consistency. Get your finger in there and taste it!
- To serve, scrape into a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with paprika.