Asparagus Soup Recipe
- A glug of oilive oil
- 350g asparagus spears (woody ends removed, stalks chopped and enough tips reserved to garnish with 2 or 3 per bowl)
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 700ml vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper
- Add the olive oil, onions, garlic and asparagus stalks to a large saucepan and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes or so, until softened.
- Add the stock and spinach, bring to the boil and simmer for a further 5-10 minutes until the asparagus is completely soft when you press a fork into it.
- Blend with a hand blender and season to taste.
- Fry up the reserved asparagus tips in a little olive oil / or butter and serve on top of the soup. I drizzled my soup with a little bit of olive oil and sprinkled on some black pepper, but it’d be lovely with a swirl of soya / cashew cream too.