5 Minute Garlic and Herb Bread
- 200g self raising flour (white, wholewheat or a mix of both – I used 100g of each here)
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200ml almond milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- Pinch of salt
- Good pinch of very finely chopped fresh or dried herbs
- 1-2 garlic cloves (depending on how garlicky you like it!)
- Preheat the oven to 180*C. Add the lemon juice to the milk and leave to one side for a few minutes to curdle / split.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour, bicarb, salt, crushed garlic and herbs in a bowl.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the milk.
- Stir until it forms a sticky dough. It should be more of a batter than a dough, so don’t panic if you were expecting ‘knead-able’ bread dough as it isn’t like that!
- Pour into a standard size loaf tin and cook for around 30-35 minutes, until cooked and lightly golden on top.