These yummy but simple puff pastry pizzas / tarts are vegan and take just 5 minutes to make with whatever sauces, toppings or ingredients you have on hand! A perfect spring / summer dinner with a lovely salad.
For the pastry, I use Jus Rol puff pastry sheets (which are completely vegan).
For the sauce you can use a tomato pizza sauce (or just passata / a can of tomatoes blended, with garlic and herbs added if you like), pesto or a creamy sauce (such as cashew cheese, or a store bought vegan cream cheese like I have in my courgette tart recipe).
For toppings, the world is your oyster – I added some leftover roasted veg to mine but you can add any finely chopped raw or cooked veg you like. Or add meat substitutes and vegan cheese too if you like, or drizzle with my cashew cheese / dollop some pesto on.
In the pictures my tart is topped with cashew cheese, roasted veg and dollops of pesto.
Such an easy dinner that I need to make more often!
Puff Pastry Pizzas / Tarts
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- Sauce of your choice (cream cheese, cashew cheese sauce, pesto or tomato sauce)
- Toppings of your choice (veggies, mock meat, cheese, pineapple, olives etc)
- Preheat oven to 180*C. Cut the sheet of puff pastry into four equal size rectangles, or more if you want mini ones (circles cut out with a cookies cutter are cute for parties etc)!
- Spread on sauce of your choice, and top with toppings you like. If you are using larger pieces of veg etc, pre-cook them in a frying pan (or by roasting etc) first, but if you dice them really small you can get away with not pre-cooking.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until the pastry is golden.