My favourite salad at the moment, this gorgeous Italian salad recipe has all the flavours of strawberries, basil, red onion and peppers with a scrummy balsamic dressing.
You can serve it as is, as a side salad (perfect with pasta or pizza) or top with my herby Italian potatoes and pesto baked tofu (recipe coming tomorrow) for a more substantial meal.
I used fresh bell peppers, but this also works really well with jarred roasted red peppers. Some artichokes from the antipasti section of supermarket would be gorgeous on this too, as would a handful of chopped olives or toasted pine nuts.
Hope you enjoy this one, I think we’ll be eating it lots now the weather is finally getting warmer! L x
Perfect Italian Salad Recipe
- Good handful of spinach
- Good handful of mixed leaf lettuce
- 3/4 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- 2/3 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2/3 strawberries, finely chopped
- A few slices red onion, thinly sliced
- A few strips of red pepper, thinly sliced
- 3 rounds of cucumber, finely chopped
For the dressing (serves 2
2 tablespoons olive oil1 tablespoon balsamic vinegarQuarter of a teaspoon dried mixed Italian herbsQuarter of teaspoon garlic powderQuarter of a teaspoon salt
- Add the spinach and mixed leaves to the base of plate, and scatter over the chopped basil.
- Sprinkle over the strawberries, onion, cucumber and tomatoes.
- Mix the dressing together in a glass (or shake in an old jam jar) and drizzle over the salad.
- Serve with my pesto baked tofu and herby Italian potatoes, if desired, and enjoy! L x