A gorgeously simple meal that tastes delicious and all cooks in one pan, this vegan one pot green vegetable and pesto pasta is a week night staple here!
Before I go into the details of this recipe, an apology for being a rubbish blogger lately, I have so many recipes and other stuff I want to post and write but I jut haven’t got around to it because:
1) At 32 weeks pregnant with our third baby I am so huge and uncomfortable that I find sitting in front of my laptop really hard now!
2) I am so busy in that obsessive third trimester nesting state that all my (very limited supply of!) extra time and energy is going into sorting stuff out around the house and at the allotment.
3) I have been a bit lazy and we have been eating out way too often!
When I have been cooking, easy meals like this have been winning out over anything that takes much time or effort, plus I’m on a bit of a greens kick at the moment!
You can add any veggies you like to this, just remember to cook hard veg for longer, and add softer veg towards the end of the pasta cooking time. Homemade vegan pesto (I’ve heard Deliciously Ella’s pesto is yummy) or store bought are fine here – when I use store bought I love Sacla brand – the dairy free and vegan version is available in the Free From aisle of most supermarkets.
You can eat this just with the pesto sauce, or I often stir in some of my homemade vegan cashew cheese at the end to make it gorgeously creamy. The leftovers are yummy cold the next day too!
Hope you enjoy this, and I promise I’ll try and post more often this week! L x
One Pot Green Vegetable and Pesto Pasta
- 250g pasta of your choice, I use brown rice pasta
- Handful of broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1 Courgette (finely chopped or spiralized)
- Handful of frozen peas
- Handful of spinach
- Few tablespoons vegan pesto, to taste (Homemade, or store bought – Sacla vegan pesto is amazing)
- Optional but yummy – A touch of something creamy (cashew cheese / cream, soya cream, vegan cream cheese), I love a couple of tablespoons of my homemade cashew cheese (linked above) stirred in.
- Add the pasta and the broccoli to a large pan of salted boiling water. Bring to the boil and leave on simmer.
- Cook according to packet instructions, adding the courgette and peas for the last 4 minutes, and the spinach for the last minute, stirring until wilted.
- Drain well, and stir in the pesto, tasting as you go to see if you need more / less. Stir in a touch of cream / cheese if desired, season and serve.