This is soooo easy to make and is so so much fresher and yummier than the ready made garlic baguettes you can buy in the supermarkets.
They are also super cheap to make, we use Tesco Everyday Value part-baked baguettes which are only £0.45p for a pack of 2 full sized baguettes. The minimal amount of other ingredients you use should only add up to pennies so I would estimate these would come in at under £0.30p per baguette!
Me and hubby created this recipe after having the most amazing garlic baguettes at an Italian restaurant near us. They have a hint of rosemary which gives a gorgeous flavour, but you can use mixed herbs or any other herbs you like.
Pack of 2 part-baked baguettes (we use Tesco Everyday Value)
3 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Tablespoon vegan spread / butter
Sprinkling of dried rosemary (or mixed herbs / other herbs)
2-3 garlic cloves
1) Preheat oven to 200* and cook baguettes for 5 mins. Meanwhile…
2) Crush or very finely chop your garlic into the glass.
3) Add a large tablespoon of butter and a sprinkling of herbs.
4) Microwave for 10 seconds or until the butter has melted to a liquid.
5) Add 3 tablespoons of olive oil
6) Mix well.
7) After the 5 minutes are up, remove baguettes from oven and put slits in the bread with a sharp knife at approx 1″ intervals.
8) Spoon your garlic butter evenly into each slit in the baguettes.
9) Place the baguettes back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the baguettes is lightly golden and cooked.