You’d never know this banana ice cream (or nice cream) recipe made from blended frozen bananas was healthy – it’s just so delicious. Vegan and dairy free, it’s great as soft serve or frozen again for a scoopable consistency.
Keep peeled and chopped ripe bananas frozen in twos in a zip-loc bag in your freezer, and they’ll be ready to throw in the blender whenever you fancy a healthy treat.
There are loads of variations on this recipe I am dying to try, but here is the basic recipe. Feel free to switch up the milk for whatever milk you prefer, and you can also add a touch of maple syrup for extra sweetness if needed.
I used mine as the basis of an amazing vegan banana split, layered up with Deliciously Ella’s sweet potato brownies and lots of other goodness! I’ll blog the recipe / directions for this for shortly.
Homemade Healthy Banana Ice Cream (Nice Cream!)
- 2 chopped bananas (frozen)
- 1/2-1 cup of soya milk (or other milk of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons almond or peanut butter
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend to a soft serve ice cream consistency. Start with half a cup of milk and add more as needed.
- For a more scoopable ice cream, pour the soft serve back into a plastic container and freeze until hardened.