These super simple dressed new potatoes are delicious as a hot side dish, or served cool as a no mayo potato salad. Perfect as a side at BBQ’s, with summer salads and for picnics!
I would usually use fresh chives in this dish, but I used the thinnings from our leek seedlings in this batch as they are a really similar flavour – waste not, want not! You can use whatever herbs you like / have to hand though, and dried herbs will work fine too in a pinch.
I often make these to have as a side with meals like vegan burgers, and then make extra to have with salad / a picnic lunch the next day (if they last that long with how I keep sneaking to eat them out of the pan!).
Hope you are enjoying the slightly sunnier weather, I know we are! L x
Herby Dressed New Potatoes
- New potatoes, halved (a handful per person)
- A drizzle of olive oil or a knob of vegan butter
- Finely chopped fresh chives, a good pinch
- Finely chopped spring onion (the green tops), a good pinch
- Salt and pepper
- Boil the new potatoes in salted water for approx 10 minutes (until tender and cooked through). Drain well and leave for a few seconds to steam dry.
- Drizzle with oil or stir in the butter.
- Sprinkle in the chives, spring onion and season well with salt and pepper.