This. Stuff. Is. Amazing. Gorgeously addictive salted caramel popcorn that is refined sugar free, unprocessed, gluten free and vegan to boot!
My 3 year old gives it tops marks too – last time I made it she shouted, “mummy this is the best popcorn in my whole life!!” 🙂
What is in Butterkist salted caramel popcorn? “Popped Maize, Glucose Syrup, Sugar, Soya Oil, Butter (Milk), Salt, Single Cream (Milk), Emulsifier (SoyaLecithins), Molasses, Partially Inverted Sugar Syrup, Flavouring”
Ewww! What is in this healthier version? Just popcorn kernels, coconut oil, maple syrup, salt and vanilla extract. License to eat a tonne of it? I think so!!
It’s so delicious we almost eat the entire batch straight out of the pan, in fact I’ve tried 3 times to take photos for this post and it’s all been eaten before I’ve had chance!
Hope you love this, let me know if you give it a try! L x
Healthy Salted Caramel Popcorn
For the popcorn:
- Half a cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
For the salted caramel drizzle:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Half a teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- For the popcorn, heat the coconut oil in a lidded pan over a medium heat.
- Add the popcorn kernels once hot (after about 30 seconds).
- Cook, shaking the pan vigorously until the popping slows down (about 2-3 minutes). Remove popcorn to a large bowl.
- For the salted caramel drizzle, boil coconut oil, syrup and salt in a pan for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add the vanilla.
- Drizzle over popcorn and toss it all together to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and leave for 30 mins to set up a bit, or just eat straight away (we can never wait!!)