Love crisps? Then try these amazing homemade crisps, which have just 3 ingredients and are ready after a few minutes in the microwave!
I am a crisp addict to the point where I don’t ever buy them in as I just can’t resist eating through them immediately, I’d eat pack after pack after pack. So when I heard that you can make healthier crisps using your microwave I had to give them a go immediately!
These were so surprisingly good. They are light and crispy and easily as nice as crisps you would buy – give them a try next time you have a rogue potato left over! This method also works really well with sweet potatoes.
Fry light oil or other spray oil (I used Fry Light olive oil spray)
1. Spray a plate with a few sprays of oil to give a thin layer of oil across the plate.
2. Slice your potato into thin slices. I used a cheese slice for this but you could use a veg peeler or just use a knife to slice them as thin as you can.
3. Lay the potato slices on the plate (not touching or they’ll stick together).
4. Spray the potato slices with a few sprays of olive oil.
5. Sprinkle them with a pinch of salt.
6. Pop the plate into the microwave for 3-5 mins. This will depend on the thickness of your potato slices so keep checking on them – they are ready when they are crisp and just starting to brown in places.
I can’t wait to try some more seasoning ideas – I wonder if I can recreate salt and vinegar?