Frozen berries, banana and coconut water (without dairy / yoghurt!) form the basis of this vibrant, healthy and easy berry smoothie – a perfect way to start the day!
I absolutely love my morning smoothie at the moment, I am really not a breakfast person (unless its a lazy weekend breakfast eaten mid morning) but I find smoothies are a really good way to set myself up to feel good and energised for the day without having to force down a boring bowl of cereal.
We always have some frozen fruits and berries in the freezer ready for throwing into smoothies if we don’t have fresh fruit around. Our kids love a morning smoothie too, and I love to see them drinking down a glass of pure goodness 🙂
We are trying lots of new flavour combinations at the moment so I’ll make sure to post some of our favourites. Let me know your favourites too in the comments!
Hope you enjoy, L x
Easy Berry Smoothie
- 150g frozen berries
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Coconut water (1 cup, then extra until at desired consistency)
- 1 tablespoon vegan protein powder (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blitz until smooth.
- Add more coconut water if need to thin to desired consistency, blend again and serve.